Now that you are close to or have successfully completed the Connect Program at Ivy Tech Community College or at Vincennes University, please follow the steps below to transfer to Ball State.
1. Reapply for admissionAs a Connect Program participant, you will be considered a transfer student and must submit a reapplication for admission to Ball State. We recommend that you reapply just before or during the semester in which you will earn a total of 24 hours of college-level, transferable credit from either Ivy Tech or Vincennes. Please note the priority application deadlines for each term:
First-time transfer students and Connect students who previously applied to Ball State and were not admitted must apply for admission using our online application. A PDF version of the application is also available online; it may be printed out and mailed to:
Office of AdmissionsBall State UniversityMuncie, IN 47306-0855
The application fee for first-time transfer applicants and Connect students is $55.
Please contact the Office of Admissions at 800-482-4BSU (toll-free), 765-285-8300, or TTY users only 765-285-2205, with additional questions about the transfer application process.
2. Send transcriptsYou must submit official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions (colleges, universities, or vocational schools) you have attended. These should be sent from the institutions directly to Ball State's Office of Admissions.
Note: First-time applicants and reapplicants for whom a final high school transcript was not sent (or is no longer on file with the Office of Admissions) also must submit an official, final high school transcript or an official GED score report.
3. Get admittedYour materials will be evaluated and a new admission decision will be made once we receive your reapplication and transcript(s).
4. Attend orientation Your admission packet will include an Enrollment Confirmation Form. This form and a $100 nonrefundable enrollment confirmation deposit must be returned to Ball State's Office of Admissions. Once you have completed this process, you will be invited to attend a Transfer Student Orientation session. At orientation, you will register for classes, obtain your Ball State student ID, and learn about on-campus resources.
5. Apply for financial aidBall State awards more than $260 million in financial aid and scholarships each year. Find out what assistance is available and how to apply for financial aid.
6. Choose housing and dining optionsAfter we receive your enrollment deposit, we'll send you a housing/dining contract, roommate request form, and information about living on campus. Learn more about housing and dining at Ball State.
Note: All transfer students with less than 24 credit hours must live in campus housing unless they are living with their parent(s) or guardian(s) in their primary residence, which is no more than 60 miles from the campus; are 21 years of age or older; are married; or have completed two semesters at Ball State.
Questions?To discuss the Connect Program with a Ball State admissions representative, please call us at 800-482-4BSU (toll-free), 765-285-8300, or TTY users only 765-285-2205.
Copyright © 2013 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241