Military Service Credits


Students who have taken college-level studies while in military service may be eligible to receive credit if their official military reports of educational achievement indicate attainment of college-level equivalency.


Credit will be granted by Ball State according to the guidelines of the Office of Educational Credit (OEC) of the American Council on Education. If the OEC guidelines are in conflict with Ball State policies on the granting of credit, the latter will take precedence.


To verify completion of United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI) training or obtain records for courses and tests taken before June 30, 1974, write:

Contractor Representative (transcripts)
Educational Testing Service
P.O. Box 2879
Princeton, NJ 08541

To verify completion of tests taken after June 30, 1974, the following records are available:

Students who took the GED (General Educational Diploma) test overseas or aboard ship may obtain their scores by writing:
GED Testing Service
American Council on Education
Dupont Circle
Washington, DC 20036

Students who took the GED test in the continental United States should contact their base education officers. Students may obtain scores for the CLEP General and Subject Exams and for Subject Standardized Tests for military personnel by writing:
Contractor Representative (CLEP)
Educational Testing Service
Box 2819
Princeton, NJ 08541


There may be nominal fee for each service.

For more information, contact the Office of Admissions.

Office of Admissions
Lucina Hall
Muncie, IN 47306

Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Summer hours: 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Phone: 765-285-8300
Toll free: 800-482-4BSU(4278)
TTY users: 765-285-2205
View E-mail Address