The Alpha Kappa chapter of the Fraternal Values Society was chartered at Ball State University in January 2013. The mission of the organization is to illuminate the central values that guided the historical founding of general fraternities and sororities, and to incorporate these values into the contemporary fraternity and sorority experience. The goal of the organization is to grow as an organization to engage members in conversations about fraternal values in individual organizations and the larger community.
The Fraternal Values Society works with councils to bring the community "National Hazing Prevention Week" in the fall and "National Ritual Celebration Week" in the spring.
“To illuminate the central values that guided the historical founding of general fraternities and sororities, and to incorporate these values into the contemporary fraternity and sorority experience.”
- Lead By Example
- Market Values of Greek Organizations to BSU Community
- Collaborate w/ councils, SGA, EIL, SVS, UPD
- Consult with chapters
- Roundtable Presentations & Handbook for chapter officers
- Offer values programming for the community
- Represent the entire community
Contact the Fraternal Values Society for programming or consultation about Values Congruence
Chairperson: Sophie Gordon
Director of Member Development: Abbie Wineland
Director of Administration and Finance: Josie Guerrera
Director of Communication and Marketing: Alyssa Morris
Qualifications for Membership include:
- Personal values congruence
- Dedication to community-wide fraternal values
- Have and maintain a GPA higher than the all-campus average
- Leadership skills
- Ability to lead by example
We welcome all members who demonstrate and promote values congruence.