I,______________, accept the appointment as a Community Assistant (CA) at Ball State University Apartments for the academic year 2015-2016, and I understand that the following conditions are a part of this acceptance:
1. This agreement is for the academic year 2015-2016. Employment is contingent upon approval of the Resident Manager and the Office of Housing and Residence Life. Reapplication is necessary for each subsequent year of employment, and employment is contingent upon approval of the Resident Manager and the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
2. Employment is contingent upon signing a University Apartment lease for the 2015-2016 academic year.
3. A Community Assistant will receive a salary equal to $3000 per year, paid bi-weekly.
4. A Community Assistant must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 during the period of employment. A Community Assistant who falls below a 2.5 or whose semester GPA falls below a 1.00 may be terminated. A CA must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
5. The Community Assistant is required to participate in an orientation program that is held each semester. The Fall Orientation is scheduled for the eight to ten day period prior to the beginning of classes. The Spring Orientation is scheduled for the weekend prior to the beginning of classes. The Community Assistant is required to attend at least two of the monthly staff development sessions provided each semester.
6. The Community Assistant shall present a positive, friendly, and concerned attitude toward apartment residents, and support the polices of Housing and Residence Life, serving as a resource person and positive role model for student, campus and community services. He/She is expected to refrain from behaviors or language that may be offensive to individuals or groups.
7. A CA shall be responsible for coordinating (at minimum) a fall and spring semester community program designed to promote community development within your assigned area, in addition to other community-promoting activities.
8. A CA shall be responsible for coordinating and implementing events for their assigned area throughout each semester. A CA shall be responsible for coordinating (at minimum) a University Apartment-wide activity each semester with an assigned CA programming group.
9. A Community Assistant shall attend Community Association for Scheidler and Anthony (CASA) meetings and assist with programs planned by CASA and the Resident Managers.
10. A CA shall attend weekly staff meetings as scheduled by the Resident Manager team and weekly one-on-one with assigned Resident Manager.
11. A Community Assistant is expected to meet with and know the residents in the assigned living area.
12. A Community Assistant shall assist with communication and administrative duties, including greeting new residents, submitting articles for the monthly newsletter, delivering newsletters and fliers, relaying complaints, gathering needed information, and conducting maintenance and safety inspections.
13. A Community Assistant must confront residents of policies and procedures and report lease violations and behavioral problems to the supervising Resident Manager. The Community Assistant is expected to observe University Apartments' policies and procedures.
14. A CA shall participate in an on-call duty rotation with fellow CA staff members. While on duty may be asked to assist with policy violations, crisis intervention, lock-outs, and immediate maintenance concerns.
15. Should outside activities or employment interfere with the performance of the required duties, the Community Assistant may be notified that employment is terminated.
16. A Community Assistant will perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
17. I, as a Community Assistant, for the Office of Housing and Residence Life, may terminate this agreement by written notice at any time during the contract period.
Copyright © 2015 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241