I, _________________, accept the appointment as a Reservation Team (RT) member in the residence halls of Ball State University for Summer Orientation and Conferences 2017, and I understand that the following conditions are a part of this acceptance:
- This agreement is for Summer Orientation and Conferences 2017. Employment as a Reservations Team (RT) member is contingent upon the approval of the Assistant Director for Student Leadership and the Office of Housing and Residence Life. Reapplication is necessary for each subsequent summer of employment.
- The specific dates of employment are May 11, 2017- August 4, 2017.
- A RT member’s services (opening/closing preparation, training, staff meetings, duty rotations, conference and orientation duties, and/or other duties as assigned) will be compensated in part by the use of a single AC room, a $1,150.00 declining balance meal plan, a $2,150.00 stipend paid in bi-weekly installments. A RT member agrees to work approximately 30 hours per week. A RT member may be able to work up to 10 hours a week at the front desk for minimum hourly wage pay contingent upon having the availability in work hours and supervisor approval.
- With the approval of the supervising hall director, RT member may be able to take one online class per summer session. (This class may not in any way affect the responsibilities of conference or desk operations in the halls. The RT member position will be of primary importance.)
- A RT member must remain on-campus and be available for conference or desk work a minimum of two weekends per month. The Office of Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to deny requests for time-off. Vacation requests will not be accepted during June 21 – July 2, 2017 and July 30– August 4, 2016. A RT member must move out of the housing provided within 48 hours after the contract ends.
- A RT member must participate in all training programs that are held throughout the term of employment. The RT will attend all required special meetings and events.
- A RT member must participate in all assigned conference and orientation responsibilities including building closing until the final date of employment.
- A RT member is required to serve as the duty/contact person on a 24 hour rotation as scheduled through the summer.
- A RT member must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher at the time of employment.
- A RT member is expected to be a positive role model through personal example.
- A RT member is expected to respect the dignity of all individuals and refrain from language or behavior that would be incongruent with that respect.
- A RT member is expected to abide by all Housing and Residence Life Policies.
- As a RT member, I must provide my supervisor with at least two weeks’ notice if I choose to terminate the agreement. If termination occurs, I understand I am ineligible for summer housing effective the date of termination.
- In accepting this contract, the RT member’s loyalty, commitment, and fulfillment of expectation must be to Ball State University, the Office of Housing and Residence Life, and the Residence Hall Director and/or Assistant Residence Hall Director.
Signed: __________________________________ Date: _____________________