I, _________________, accept the appointment as a Conferences and Orientation Desk Staff member in the residence halls of Ball State University for Summer Orientation and Conferences 2017, and I understand the following conditions are a part of this acceptance:
- This agreement is for the 2017 summer. Employment as a Summer Desk Staff member is contingent upon the approval of the Assistant Director for Student Leadership and the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
- A Summer Desk Staff member will be paid the minimum hourly wage. Summer Desk Staff are limited to work no more than forty hours per week between all on-campus jobs and must be available to work May 23, 2017- August 6, 2017. These dates are subject to change pending on conference schedules. Variance in work hours offered will depend on the week.
- A Summer Desk Staff member is expected to participate in all required training sessions. The Summer Desk Staff member will attend all scheduled meetings and events throughout the summer. If a Summer Desk Staff member cannot attend a meeting, one must obtain pre-approval by the supervising hall director. Summer Desk Staff members are expected to occasionally stay late or come back early from vacation periods to adequately complete the desk staff responsibilities.
- A Summer Desk Staff member must notify supervising hall director(s) if he/she is working another job. This work may not in any way affect the responsibilities of desk operations. The position will be of primary importance.
- A Summer Desk Staff member must be available to work for a minimum of two (2) weekends per month. Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to deny requests for time off. Vacation requests will not be accepted during June 21 – July 2, 2017 and July 30– August 6, 2017.
- A Summer Desk Staff member is expected to cover all operating hours of the desk including any overnight hours. It is expected that staff members will be flexible to achieve this requirement.
- A Summer Desk Staff member is required to maintain good academic standing. Staff members whose GPA (cumulative or semester) fall below 2.0 may be put on probation or released.
- A Summer Desk Staff member is expected to be a positive role model through personal example. Summer Desk Staff members are required to be in good residence hall standing and follow all university and hall policies.
- A Summer Desk Staff member is expected to respect the dignity of all individuals and refrain from language or behavior that would be incongruent with that respect.
- A Summer Desk Staff member agrees to fulfill all expectations, duties and responsibilities as given by the Supervising Hall Director and the Office of Housing and Residence Life.