Botsford/Swinford is currently under renovation.
This complex, which housed students enrolled in the Honors College until spring 2009, was named for two professors who were involved with Ball State during its early history.
Frances R. Botsford was an associate professor emeritus of business education who taught at Ball State from 1930 to 1952. She was one of the first four business professors at Ball State. After her retirement, she taught business education at the University of Southern California and California State College.
Basil M. Swinford was an associate professor at Ball State from 1926 to 1962. He also was one of the first business professors. For many years, Swinford was the business advisor to The Ball State Daily News.
Copyright © 2014 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241