Schmidt/Wilson will close May 2015 for renovation. The new building will feature rectangular rooms for students. Residents also have access to a computer lab, fitness room, lounge space, laundry rooms, and other services.
Students pursuing majors in theatre and dance will participate in the new Theatre and Dance Living-Learning Community at Schmidt/Wilson when the building reopens.
Included in each room are beds, dressers, desks with chairs, and built-in closet space. One wired Ethernet outlet is available in student rooms, and wireless Internet service is available throughout the building. A phone jack also is in each room.
Although this complex does not feature an eat-in food service, the nearby LaFollette Square and The Atrium offer a variety of dining choices.
This complex, which housed students enrolled in the Honors College until spring 2009, was named for two professors who were involved with Ball State during its early history.
Angie Wilson was an associate professor of social science at Burris School from 1932 to 1954. She was highly respected for teaching the English language and was very close to her students.
Fred J. Schmidt was a professor and head of the industrial arts department from 1935 to 1958 at Ball State. A scholarship in his name was established by his wife for industrial education and technology students.
Copyright © 2015 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241