The Emerging Media Living-Learning Community is open to all students pursuing any major who have an interest in exploring new technology and innovations in media.
Location: This Emerging Media Living-Learning Community is located in Botsford/Swinford.
- Participate in community events to learn about new media and innovations that are changing the world we live in
- Utilize the Emerging Media lab and studios with the latest audio-visual equipment, including
- A green screen
- Video and DSLR cameras
- Macintosh computers with editing software
- A flat screen television with Blu Ray DVD and surround sound system
- Dry erase walls and more
- Light and sound kits
- Network with faculty and staff, upper-level students, and professionals on academic and personal projects
- Emerging Media Trips/Programs
- Chicago Sun-Times
- Tech Teams
- Music media production
- Media Production
- Any other majors
Programming:Students will have opportunities to film and edit their own projects through events like the 72-hour film competition, student showcase, and annual film fest. In addition, students may interact with student and professional organizations and network with professionals and alumni.
Partners: The Emerging Media Living-Learning Community works closely with Digital Corps, Music Media Production, and the College of Communication, Information and Media.