Our increasingly global society
needs active, engaged citizens who understand the complex global issues that impact our world. We encourage you to:
- Educate yourself
- Exercise your right to vote
- Model respect for differences
Vote in Indiana
Voter Registration Deadline is Tuesday, October 11, 2016
General Elections are Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Ball State students who are Indiana residents from outside of Delaware County may register to vote in Muncie.
You have the right to vote in Indiana if all five of these statements apply to you:
- You are BOTH a U.S. citizen and a resident of Indiana
- You will be at least 18 years old on or before the next general or municipal election
- You have lived in the precinct where you vote for at least 30 days prior to the election
- You are registered to vote in Indiana
- You have an Indiana State issued ID Card or federal ID card with a photo and an expiration date (your Ball State University ID card is acceptable ONLY IF IT LISTS AN EXPIRATION DATE)
How to Register:
There are two easy ways to submit:
On Election Day
Where to Vote:
You will be assigned a voting site in Muncie. Your specific site can be found by looking at your Voter Registration Card, and/or by going to Find My Polling Place.
What to Bring:
- Bring Your Voter Registration Card - If you have not received a voter registration card or a notice from your county within 30 days of submitting your voter registration form, call your county's voter registration office. You can check your voter registration and polling location at any time online or by calling 866-IN-1-VOTE.
- Bring Your Indiana Photo Identification Card - You absolutely must have a photo identification card issued by the State of Indiana in order to vote in Indiana. Your Ball State University photo ID card is ONLY an acceptable form of state-issued photo ID if it has an expiration date.
Vote in Another State
If you are a U.S. citizen from a state other than Indiana, you can:
Know Your Voting Rights
If you have any questions, you may call the voter registration office at 765-747-7812 or visit the county clerk’s office at 100 W. Main St. in Muncie.
If you need an accommodation to fully participate in any Ball State event, please contact the Office of Student Life at 765-285-2621.