Monitoring and Analysis Team
The Social Media Monitoring and Analysis Team is subset of the Office of Student Life’s Social Media Committee. You will be responsible for analyzing the work of the social media committee, and help create plans and recommendations for its development. Contact William G Keaton via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Participate in S.W.O.T. (Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats) Analysis.
- Examine the strengths and weaknesses of the current content of the Social Media committee to help advise the content creation and posting subcommittees.
- Examine opportunities for expansions of social media efforts.
- Examine threats to the expansion of social media efforts through keeping apprised to trends in the use of social media.
- Brand Monitoring.
- Regularly monitor the posts on the Facebook Page of the Office of Student Life, EIL, SVS, Greek Life, and other pages to determine reactions to our services.
- Monitor twitter for tweets about the office of student life and its services, but also handles relating to the brand image of Ball State (e.g. #Chirpchirp, #BallState, & Facebook).
- Collect records of common comments and perceptions of the Office of Student Life, its programs & services, and Ball State.
- Develop ideas that in collaboration with the content committee can promote positive aspects of Ball State.
- Build awareness of negative perceptions, and develop strategies that are aware of this.
- Strategic Needs Assessment: We will develop strategies to advise the other portion of the board on how to fulfill university’s needs through : monitoring needs of the community that can be communicated and making suggestions on possible ways to meet the needs
- Knowledge of branding and marketing
- The ability to process numbers, graphs, and other analytics.
- A willingness to learn and be challenged.
- A willingness to work on a team.
- Access to a computer.
- Knowledge of Twitter and Facebook.
Benefits to You:
- Develop skills in marketing analysis, such as SWOT
- Gain skills in assessment practices.
- Learn more about branding and brand development.
- Gain limited knowledge of strategic planning through needs analysis.
- Develop skills and knowledge of aspects of cultural anthropology, such as collecting social artifacts.
Interested? Apply here.