Are you interested in starting a new student organization that isn't currently active at Ball State? The process to start a new student organization involves three steps:
- Attend a workshop to learn more about the process of becoming recognized;
- Complete the Intent To Organize information on Benny Link and upload a constitution;
- Attend a Student Activities Committee meeting to briefly discuss the organization's purpose and answer questions;
Groups interested in becoming recognized are required to have a student member attend a workshop as their first step. To sign up to attend a workshop, sign into Benny Link and click the New Student Organization Workshop link on the homepage.
Once you attend a workshop, a link will be sent to you to complete the Intent To Organize information and upload a constitution, as well as sign up to attend a Committee meeting. The Committee will convene once a month during September, October, November, January, February, and March. All new organizations requesting recognition from the Office of Student Life will need:
- contact information for your officers and your advisor;
- contact information for your inter/national headquarters (if a chapter of a national organization);
- an electronic copy of your Constitution, and any other necessary documents, are required to complete registration. Please ensure that you have utilized the Sample Constitution on our website as a template for your organization's Constitution;
- the contact information of your initial roster (including emails) to list in the membership section.
If you have questions, please e-mail Stacey Myers.