Listed below are some ideas of how and where to publicize your event. All printed materials (advertisements, flyers, banners, posters, etc.) must contain the name of the student organization and contact information (e-mail or phone number). Some of the information below is excerpted from the Ball State Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities, from the Office of Student Rights and Community Standards. Additional information can be found in the Event Marketing section of the Student Organization Handbook.
- Daily News - student organizations can advertise in the Ball State Daily. Email the Advertising Staff for more information.
- Student Center - this building offers opportunities for student organization promotion via table tents, digital display boards/electronic screens, and bulletin boards. Email Publicity Design for information on table tents and digital signage. Visit Student Center 224 for posting flyers to the bulletin boards.
- ”Fly Swatter” (center of campus – by North Quad): This space may be reserved through the Student Center Reservations Office for up to three (3) consecutive days and is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Only one side of the banner space may be used for an organization at a time. Student Center Reservations Office staff are responsible for the hanging of banners. After the three-day period has ended, organizations are responsible for picking up the banner within two weeks. Banners left longer than two (2) weeks will be disposed of.
- Student Center Tally: This space may be reserved through the Student Center Reservations Office for up to three (3) consecutive days, but no longer if there are other requests for the space. Reservations on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For the Atrium, 2nd floor balcony: Banners must hang below the top handrail and are not to cover the HVAC vents.
Benny Link Events:
- Student organizations can post event notices on their organization pages in Benny Link. Those events also appear on the event image carousel on the Benny Link homepage. For more information on how to post events, email the Benny Link Ambassador.
Communications Center Messaging:
- Student organizations can send campus-wide emails regarding upcoming events through the Communications Center. To submit your posting request, visit the Benny Link homepage.
Posters and Posting Policies:
- General Policy: Materials may be posted on bulletin boards based on the posting policy for each building. Materials that are out of date, that cover the entire bulletin board, or that violate any University policy may be subject to immediate removal.
- Student Center: Visit Student Center 224 to have posters or flyers posted on bulletin boards.
- Housing and Residence Life: Review the posting policy for the Residence Halls.