Do you want to be more effective when working with volunteers? Do you find yourself questioning whether you are a good volunteer supervisor? Do you often wish you knew what made volunteers tick?
The Community Engagement Education Initiative (CEEI) is an ongoing training and development series designed to benefit Muncie nonprofit agencies and staff. Sponsored by Student Voluntary Services, the CEEI has four primary goals:
1. To give nonprofit agencies the tools to more effectively work with volunteers
2. To help nonprofit staff members realize the impact they, as co-educators, have on volunteers
3. To provide management tools for nonprofit staff members
4. To help create a support network between the nonprofit agencies and Student Voluntary Services
Workshops have included, but are not limited to the following:
- Agency Orientation
- Volunteer Training
- How to Handle Challenging Volunteers
- Importance of Evaluation
- Working with Millennial Students
- Grant Writing
- Fundraising Fundamentals
Workshops are held on various mornings at 8:00 a.m. and usually last no more than 90 minutes. All workshops are free of charge. If you are interested in attending these workshops, please contact SVS at 765-285-2621.