Our Cardinal Commitment campaign raised more than $20.6 million. Gifts will support thoughtful, strategic improvements for softball, baseball, men's and women's golf, football, men's and women's basketball, and men's and women's volleyball.
Ball State student-athletes are committed to excellence.
Our student-athletes' passion isn't expressed only on the playing fields or courts; their passion extends to the classroom as well.
Watch our students explain how Cardinal Commitment will help them.
Just a few facts about our athletics program and student-athletes:
- Ball State is one of only 125 colleges and universities that are members of the NCAA's Division I Football Bowl Subdivision.
- Ball State teams have won or shared 100 Mid-American Conference championships since joining the MAC in 1975.
- In Fall 2014, more than 60 percent of our student athletes achieved a grade-point average of at least 3.0. Almost one-third had a 3.5 GPA or better.
- Eight of Ball State's athletic teams posted an Academic Progress Rate score of 990 or better on a scale of 1,000. Every team achieved a mark of 957 or better.
We are committed to our student-athletes.
is truly a great time to be a Ball State Cardinal. Our alumni and friends have
made it clear that they want our student-athletes to enjoy a first-class
experience at Ball State, and the generosity from these supporters has pushed
us closer to making this a reality. Cardinal Commitment funds improvements to
many athletic facilities that will benefit our campus and constituents for
decades to come."
- Brian Hardin, Interim Director of Athletics
Click one of the below images to see artistic renderings of the improvements a successful campaign will provide: