BSB_BannerA

Edmund F. and Virginia B. Ball Honors House

Ball State’s Honors College has a home in the Edmund F. and Virginia B. Ball Honors House. The Colonial-style edifice at 1707 Riverside Avenue was the home of the late Edmund F. Ball, son of one of the original five Ball brothers, and his wife, Virginia B. Ball.

The $1.3 million renovation was made possible by gifts to Ball State Bold, matched by a challenge grant from the Edmund F. and Virginia B. Ball Foundation. The project took two years to complete and transformed the home and grounds into an inviting learning and administrative center while preserving its distinctive presence.

The layout for the two-story house is designed to provide classrooms, as well as common space for the students to spend time. The entryway maintains the character of the original house, which was built in the 1930s.

Other features include:

  • two fully technology-equipped classrooms and a third traditional room
  • 11 administrative offices for two deans, two assistants, three advisors, and the director of national and international scholarships, among others
  • full kitchen, basement for storage
  • private gathering area for students which is flexible for activities

The new Honors House was officially dedicated October 16, 2009. During her remarks at the dedication, President Jo Ann Gora thanked the donors who supported this project during the Ball State Bold campaign, “The renovation of this home was one of that campaign's important objectives. We were, of course, delighted when we received the $1 million dollar grant from the foundation, but since it was a challenge grant, it required significant giving from others who love Ball State.”

University Advancement
Alumni Center
2800 West Bethel Avenue, Suite 249
Muncie, IN 47306

Phone: 1-866-953-2653