A charitable lead trust lets you make a significant gift to Ball State and, after a period of time, allows return of those donated assets to you or your loved ones. In addition, this type of gift lets you:
- fund the trust with a gift of cash, stock, or other assets during your lifetime or in a will
- pass assets, such as stock, real estate, and family business interests, intact to your heirs
- significantly reduce or eliminate estate and gift taxes when transferring to heirs
- apply a deduction against gift or estate taxes
- the Ball State Foundation may serve as trustee at a reduced cost
How It Works
A trust document is created, allowing you to contribute assets to a trust for a specified period of time. Ball State receives the income from the trust, and the assets are returned to you or your heirs when the trust terminates.
Contact us for personal assistance and learn more about creating your charitable lead trust.