We offer a multitude of opportunities for alumni and friends to support Ball State colleges, departments, and programs and to make a difference in the lives of students. You’re sure to find a number of options that suit your particular interests, expertise, and schedule.
Many Ball State alumni and friends provide invaluable support to the university by volunteering and serving in leadership roles with the following organizations:
- National Philanthropy Council: a volunteer organization that advances Ball State University through service and private support, including the cultivation and stewardship of external relationships.
- Philanthropy Advisory Council: one of the largest and most respected professional advisory groups associated with a charity I the country, with membership that includes more than 800 attorneys, accountants, financial planners, insurance professionals, and others who provide advise about estate planning.
- Foundation Board of Directors:
Show your pride
- Display your Ball State University diploma
- Drink your morning brew from a Ball State coffee mug.
- Wear a Ball State shirt with pride!
Read the Alumnus magazine.
- Send your major department a current business card for display.
- Read your college or major department newsletter in print or on line.
- Visit your college and major department Web site.
- Share your Ball State stories and current information with prospective students.
Follow the Cardinals, and cheer them on!
- Join a college, department, or program advisory board.
- Offer to speak at a college or departmental career day or professional event.
- Be a volunteer docent/tourguide for the Ball State Art Museum
- Be a mentor to a student in your college.
- Let your college or department know about internships at your company or association.
- Establish and internship or internship program, and include Ball State students.
- Let your college or department know about job opportunities at your company or association.