Burkhardt Building houses the Departments of History, Anthropology, and Women's and Gender Studies. The building is one of the oldest on campus
and was originally known as Science Hall.
Namesake:Richard W. Burkhardt, a Ball State administrator who served as acting president of the university from 1978-79. He was later named provost and vice president for academic affairs and then distinguished university professor and professor of history.
Year completed: 1924; renovated in 1985
Copyright © 2014 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241