Johnson Halls A: Botsford, Swinford (JA)

Botsford/Swinford Hall

Johnson Complex provides on-campus housing to students. It is divided into two buildings: four-story Botsford/Swinford and eight-story Schmidt/Wilson. Botsford/Swinford houses about 600 students in the Emerging Media and Communications Living-Learning Communities and was renovated in 2015.

Earl A. Johnson, former dean of the Teachers College. Botsford/Swinford halls are named for two former professors: Frances R. Botsford, professor of business education from 1930 to 1952, and Basil M. Swinford, associate professor of business education from 1926 to 1962. Both Botsford and Swinford were two of the university's first business professors.

Year completed: 1969; Renovated in 2015

Building Directory

Johnson Housing (Staff Directory)
Phone: 765-285-5018