Six Hoosier women will receive 2007 Indiana Women of Achievement Award Oct. 17
Topic: College of Sciences and Humanities
October 11, 2007
Six women will receive the 2007 Indiana Women of Achievement Awards presented by the Task Force on the Status of Women from Ball State's College of Sciences and Humanities
Recipients will be honored during ceremonies at 6 p.m. Oct. 17 in the Alumni Center, 2800 W. Bethel Ave. It's the ninth year the college has sponsored the awards, which recognize outstanding contributions by Hoosier women.
This year's award winners are:
- Joan Austin, a professor in the Indiana University (IU) School of Nursing, will be honored for distinction in behavioral nursing research, which has revolutionized the mental health care of young people with epilepsy.
- Sheryl Conley is being honored for distinction in business. Her leadership role in Zimmer Inc., a global leader in the research and design of orthopedic devices, has resulted in life-changing and life-enhancing service for thousands of people worldwide.
- Annette Craycraft, recent executive director of the Indiana Women's Coalition and current executive director of East Central Indiana Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Inc. has dedicated her career to advocacy on behalf of women and children.
- Linda Malkas, the Vera Bradley chair of oncology at the IU School of Medicine Cancer Center, is a national leader in breast cancer research and treatment.
- June Payne, director of counseling and health services at Ball State, is a leader, mentor and innovator in student affairs in higher education, with a concern for women's issues and diversity.
- Michealle Wilson is recognized for distinction in law. For 30 years, as executive director of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, she has dedicated herself to maintaining open access to courts.
For information, contact the College of Sciences and Humanities office at (765) 285-1042.
Division of Strategic Communications
West Quad (WQ), room 304
Ball State University
Muncie, Indiana 47306
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST Monday - Friday. For after-hours calls, dial the number below and you will be directed to an on-call staff person.