Sexual Assault Awareness Week begins Feb. 4, features four days of programs
Topic: Student Affairs
February 5, 2008
More than 30 people experience a rape or sexual assault every day in the United States, but Ball State University is doing its part to combat the problem.
Sexual Assault Awareness Week begins Feb. 4 and will feature four days of programs, including speakers, panels and skits. The events are free and open to the public.
- Relating and Communicating: Are Your Relationships Healthy? – 2 to 3 p.m. Feb. 4, Pittenger Student Center, Pineshelf Room. Explore characteristics of healthy and unhealthy relationships as well as conflict-resolution strategies.
- "Sex Signals" – 7:30 to 9 p.m. Feb. 4, Pittenger Student Center, Ball Room. Mixture of theatrical media and improvisation explores awkwardness of dating and differences between men and women.
- "I Wish You Knew": Helping Partners Understand – 2 to 3 p.m. Feb. 5, Pittenger Student Center, Pineshelf Room. Program details how survivors and their partners deal with abuse.
- Rape and Gender: Male Victims and Female Perpetrators – 7 to 8 p.m. Feb. 5, Art and Journalism Building, Room 225. Presentation covers rape of males by females.
- Questioning Authority! Legal and Medical Aspects of Rape – 1 to 2 p.m. Feb. 6, Pittenger Student Center, Pineshelf Room. Experts answer students' questions about sexual assault.
- "No" Is Universal: Realities of Same-Sex Sexual Assault – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 6, Art and Journalism Building, Room 289. Presentation examines same-sex rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment and stalking.
- Sensory Overload: Sex, Sex, Sex! – 2 to 3 p.m. Feb. 7, Pittenger Student Center, Pineshelf Room. Presentation teaches students to be critical consumers of sexually charged media.
- Stalk U L8R: 60 Days and Counting… – 7 to 8 p.m. Feb. 7, Teachers College, Room 003. Presentation covers perceptions and prevalence of stalking.
For more information, contact Erin Snyder at 765-285-1736.
By Alaric DeArment
Division of Strategic Communications
West Quad (WQ), room 304
Ball State University
Muncie, Indiana 47306
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST Monday - Friday. For after-hours calls, dial the number below and you will be directed to an on-call staff person.