Ball State continues its regional Emmy Awards winning streak
Topic: College of Communication Information and Media
June 20, 2012
Ball State University has continued its regional Emmy Awards winning streak by bringing home six honors from the 43rd annual awards ceremony on June 2 in Indianapolis. Ball State was nominated for 11 awards, and five of the six statuettes were awarded to telecommunications students.
- Graduates Andrew Bissonnette and Joseph Vella and students Kevin Grazioli, Grant Keller and Derek Cox for "Seeing Stars in Indiana" in the health/science program or special category
- Graduates Andrew Bissonnette and Joseph Vella for "Muncie Gives, Muncie Lives: Pride Campaign" in the community/public service (PSA) — single sport or campaign category
- Student Brent Allred for "Black Baseball in Indiana" in the crafts/musical composition/arrangement category
- Student Kevin Grazioli for "Seeing Stars in Indiana" in the crafts: director (postproduction) category
- Graduate Joseph Vella for "Lighting Composition" in the crafts: lighting (location) category
- Graduate Joseph Vella for "Photography Composition" in the crafts: photographer (non-news) category.
Ball State students, faculty, staff and alumni have earned 39 regional Emmy Awards. Of these wins, Vella has taken home eight awards. Timothy Pollard, telecommunications department chair, said Vella found his passion and was able to capitalize on the immersive learning projects for which Ball State is well known.
"With the resources and faculty available to work on these creative endeavors, Joe was able to showcase his talents, particularly in lighting and camera work," Pollard said. "We're all proud of him."
By Mallory Sturgeon
Marketing and Communications
West Quad (WQ), room 304
Ball State University
Muncie, Indiana 47306
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST Monday - Friday. For after-hours calls, dial the number below and you will be directed to an on-call staff person.