September 8, 2015
Ball State University’s total student enrollment is up 2.6 percent for fall of 2015, with 21,196 students as compared to 20,655 in fall 2014.
The total number of new students is up 6.3 percent; graduate enrollment is up 8.3 percent; and the number of undergraduate transfers is up 6.6 percent since last year. The total online enrollment jumped 14.9 percent.
Additionally, the freshman class average SAT score (1,638) is up 9 points for this year, compared to 2014, and up 53 points since 2012. High school GPA averages held steady at approximately 3.47. The percentage of entering freshmen graduating from high school with academic honors is up to 74.6 percent compared to 63 percent in 2012. The number of new freshmen at Ball State is down 3.2 percent since 2014.
“We are very pleased with the growth and quality of our overall enrollment,” said Ball State University President Paul W. Ferguson. “This, combined with our retention and graduation rates, is a strong reflection of the high quality academic programs and career preparation available to our remarkable Ball State students.
“Consistent with The Centennial Commitment (18 by ’18), Ball State’s refreshed strategic plan, we will be continuing to evaluate our overall enrollment management plan to enhance opportunities for students to obtain the excellent educational experience at Ball State University.”