Close, individualized study of original works of art from David Owsley Museum of Art’s collection is available for groups of up to 20 people in our specially outfitted Contemporary Craft and Object Study Gallery, located on the upper level, west side.
Schedule a visit.
Timing Your Visit
Click on the link above to schedule a visit to the object study classroom.
Requests must be submitted 15 business days before your desired date. Someone from the collection and exhibitions team will respond to your request within two business days. We process requests on a first-come, first-served basis. Submitting a request does not guarantee that the date and time you request will be available for your visit.
The works you request will be retrieved from storage and be made available for you to view during the date and time you have the room reserved. You may search parts of the collection online. The works requested must be portable. Some works may not be available based on size limits, condition, or unavailability due to display or loan.
The time allowed for object study is three to six weeks depending on additional requests for the space.
If you have questions, please contact our education program coordinator.
The object study space is open:
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Class visits are available Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by reservation only.
Artwork Selection Guidelines
- You may request a maximum of 15 works, depending on size.
- The total dimensions of available display space are 6.5 feet tall by 15 feet wide by 21 inches deep.
- Fewer objects may be displayed, depending on size.
- Size restrictions for paintings are 41 inches tall by 46 inches wide or smaller.
- Size restrictions for prints are 36 inches tall by 40 inches wide or smaller.
- Size restrictions for objects are 24 inches tall by 60 inches wide by 21 inches deep or smaller.
- Weight limit is 50 pounds.