Master of Arts in Education (MAE) in Educational Administration and Supervision 
This master’s degree program offers training leading to an initial license as a principal and is focused primarily on building-level leadership. The master’s degree and license requirements are compatible. In addition, candidates for a building-level license must be licensed teachers with two years of accredited teaching experience. The program incorporates the Indiana Professional Standards Board mandated Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium standards and the Teachers College conceptual framework. This degree may be completed entirely via online and distance education.  

Specialist in Education in School Superintendency
This specialist program is designed for students seeking advanced graduate training. The program meets state licensing requirements for school superintendency certification. 

Doctor of Education in Educational Administration and Supervision
This doctoral program is designed to meet the needs of advanced graduate students who hold or are seeking to assume leadership roles in education and who are dedicated to advancing the profession through quality teaching, research, and service. Programs often are designed to satisfy the licensing requirements in Indiana for school superintendency; however, sufficient flexibility exists to design a program to meet the specific needs of the candidate.

P-12 Administration and Supervision
To qualify for an administrative license under building level administration, the candidate must hold an appropriate professional license and complete the course requirements for the license. An administrative license requires that the candidate hold a teaching license with two years of full-time teaching experience in an accredited school in the grade level and content area listed on the license. The Ball State University Office of Teacher Education Services assists students in specific licensing questions. 

To qualify for the license the candidate must hold the professional instructional license at any grade level, earn the specialist (or higher) degree, and complete the course requirements for this license.

Contact Office of Teacher Education Services for more information.

Quick Links