The purpose of the society shall be to stimulate the interest of all Black alumni of Ball State University, so that the society may be able to further the educational, professional, and social interests of Black alumni, individually and collectively, by:
- Developing a wider acquaintance and fellowship among the members of the society.
- Providing a clearinghouse for the presentation of problems pertaining to education and requests for services to the mutual benefit of the Black alumni.
- Creating a networking opportunity, both socially and professionally, for Black alumni.
- Establishing an informational base through which specific communication regarding campus minority programming and activities can be disseminated to constituents.
- Encouraging a unified continuing regard among Black alumni for the total scope of opportunities offered at Ball State University.
- Enabling Black alumni to identify with current and prospective Black students plus provide support on an ongoing basis to these students and Ball State University.
- Promoting a positive environment which reflects and enhances the values of a multicultural and ethnic society.
Front Row: Pamala Morris, Charles Payne, Teresa Jeter, Tammy Butler Robinson and Hollis Hughes. Back Row: Phil Anderson, Renee Akins, Carl Radford, Jarod Crowley, Allen Williams, Michael Chisley and Fred Cox. Not Pictured: Charlene Alexander, Dori Armstead, Nathan Boyd, Jarrod Dortch, Nikkia Jones, and Keith Robinson.
Board of Directors
Pamala Morris, '69MAE71, President
Teresa Jeter, MUR95, Vice President and Alumni Council Representative
TBD, Second Vice President
Tammy Butler Robinson, MUR97, Parliamentarian
Charlene Alexander, Faculty Representative
Doriel Armstead, '95
Nathan Boyd, '02
Fred Cox, '74
Jarod Crowley, '01
Jarrod Dortch, 03MA09
Nikkia Jones, '11
Charmaine Powell, '75
Carl Radford, '87
Keith Robinson, '95
Allen Williams, '73
Hollis Hughes, '65MA73
Alumni Association Contacts
Sue Taylor, '71, Director of Reunions and Affinity Programs
Deanna Zimmer, Program Coordinator
Constituent Society Book Scholarship
Join us on