Our pre-health profession programs provide you with the necessary foundation for a successful career in medicine, dentistry, or other health professions.
Many universities offer majors only in biology or chemistry for students planning a career in medicine or dentistry, but our curriculum offers a much broader education through diverse class offerings, better preparing you for the competitive requirements of medical and dental schools. Other benefits you receive with our program include:
- a personalized approach to science education that provides you with a solid and varied background in the sciences
- a low student-to-professor ratio and small class sizes that give you daily contact with professors in both lecture and laboratory
- opportunities for you to participate in research through research credit classes, undergraduate research grants, laboratory journal clubs, summer research opportunities, undergraduate fellowship programs, and opportunities for physician shadowing
- PreHealth Professions Club that enhances your understanding of health career challenges and accommodates and supports your changing needs
- an exciting campus where a sound academic career can be balanced with a vibrant social life, including entertainment opportunities such as bands, Broadway musicals, symphony concerts, sporting events, and other campus social activities
You can choose from nine areas: