The purpose of the Society shall be to stimulate the interest of all graduates and former students of Ball State University who were enrolled in Home Economics or Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) courses, majored or minored in any field of Apparel Design, Dietetics, Dietetics Technology, Education, Extension, Child Care and Family Services, Fashion Merchandising, Food Management, Interior Design or Housing, or have been or are actively engaged in the field of FCS, so that the Society may be able to further the educational, professional, and social interests of the FCS Department and the alumni, individually and collectively by:
- Developing a wider acquaintance and fellowship between the members of the Society who are working in the field and the faculty of the FCS Department.
- Providing a clearing house for the presentation of problems pertaining to education and requests for services to the mutual benefit of the alumni and the FCS Department.
- Taking joint action when and where needed for the further improvement of the status of the profession, professional offerings and services of the FCS Department.
- Encouraging a greater devotion and respect for the high standards which the FCS Department has established for itself and working toward a more universal recognition of the importance of the FCS alumni in the culture of this country.
We encourage all of our alumni to keep in touch with us by completing an online information form.
Board of Directors
- Laura Mickler, '06 MA '08, President
- Jama Kirby-Montgomery, '50 MA '60, Vice President
- Jackie Johnston, '64 MA '67, Alumni Council Representative
- Timothy Hill, '00 MA '02, Past President
- Sotiris Hji-Avgoustis, Department Chairperson
- Sharon Stephen, '63 MA '70, Secretary
- Reza Ahmadi, Faculty Representative
- Mollie Smith, Student Representative
- Barbara Norrick-Bunnell, '77
- Amy Grasso, '90
- Carie Mottweiler, '06
- Jennifer Purcell, '02 MS '04
- Joyce Vance, '06
- Kate Van DePutte, '09
- Linda Wallace, '62
Alumni Association Contacts
- Sue Taylor, Director of Alumni Engagement Collegiate and Affinity Groups
- Alanna Lewis, Alumni Engagement Coordinator
- Spring Alumni Awards Day (biennial)
- Award of Merit
- Award of Achievement
- Award of Distinction
- Friend of FCS Award
- FCS Hall of Fame Award
The 2013 Family and Consumer Sciences Alumni award
recipients were honored at a March 1 dinner at the Alumni Center. Left
to right they included Dr. Joan McFadden, Friend of FCS Award; Dr. Carla
Earhart, Faculty Award; Allison Bamberger, BS09, Award of Merit; Janet
Stafford, BS75MA83, Award of Distinction; Marla Kurtz, BS78MA82, Award
of Achievement; Kiersten Neal, BS96, Award of Merit; Hannah Kelley,
BS01, Award of Merit; Karen Lackey, BS63, Award of Achievement, and
Linda Wallace, BS62, Red Gold Home economist and keynote presenter.
Sending a Contribution to support the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences'
If you wish to give to Ball State's FCS, you must write the FCS account number on your check. Send all contributions to Ball State University Foundations, P.O. Box 672, Muncie, IN 47308. Check must be payable to the Ball State University Foundation.
Ball State University family and consumer sciences foundation accounts:
- #3901Family and Consumer Sciences General Fund - provides additional support for departmental needs not funded by the unversity budget.
- #3902 Family Nutrition Education Center - supports and advances the nutrition counseling program.
- #3903 Evalena Snipes Award - honors outstanding students in the family and consumer sciences honor program.
- #3904 Beeman Historic Costume Collections - supports supplies and small equipment costs for the maintenance and storage of the collection.
- #3905 Family and Consumer Sciences Alumni Society Fund - provides support for Alumni Engagement of the Family and Consumer Sciences Alumni Society.
- #3906 Residential Property Management - provides student support and faculty development applicable to residential property management, program administration and planning, and advisory board functions.
- #3950 Mildred Johnson Memorial Scholarship Fund - provides annual family and consumer sciences scholarships
- #3951 Audrey Tower Dillon Scholarship Fund - provides scholarship to family and consumer sciences majors who demonstrate financial need and have maintained a minimum grade point average.
- #3954 Mildred Moore Scholarship Fund - provides scholarships for students pursuing careers in family and consumer sciences and who demonstratestrong intellectual ability.
- #3955 Helen J. Snyder Scholarship Fund - provides scholarships to family and consumer sciences majors with preference given to student who are interested in cooking and nutrition and who demonstrate financial need.
- #3956 Audrey Malone Finn Scholarship Fund - provides scholarships to family and consumer sciences majors with preference given to teaching majors.
- #3958 Elizabeth and Frank Ralston Scholarship Fund - provides scholarships to African American students majoring in family and consumer sciences.
Join us on