A key initiative within Cardinal Connect is an Indiana Classroom-Company Linkages Program. In joint partnership, the College of Sciences & Humanities and Career Center have created the Cardinal Connect Visiting Fellows Program.
The Visiting Fellows Program seeks to build collaborative partnerships between local industry leaders and academia and enrich the student experience through the sharing of knowledge, skills, and perspectives regarding the life sciences. A unique aspect of this program is our desire to engage with recent alumni employed within the state of Indiana.
The following is asked of a Visiting Fellow:
- Volunteer for a two-day session geared towards engagement of current faculty, staff, and students regarding industry trends, new technology, research and current issues within the life sciences.
- Participate in faculty forums.
- Facilitate discussion sessions with undergraduate students and present in lab/classroom settings.
- Fellows can be of any level of leadership; mid-level manager and directors welcome.
Visiting Fellows Have Included:
- WISH-TV Track 8, Dow AgroSciences, Roche Diagnostics, Element Materials, West Inc., Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM), Eli Lilly & Co., the Bureau of Water Quality and BCA Environmental Consultants
Contact: Jill Cooper, Cardinal Connect Program Director, Career Center