A key initiative within Cardinal Connect is an Indiana Classroom-Company Linkages Program. In joint partnership, the Miller College of Business and Career Center have created the Cardinal Connect Visiting Practitioners Program.
The Visiting Practitioners Program seeks to build collaborative partnerships between local industry leaders and academia and enrich the student experience through the sharing of knowledge, skills, and perspectives. A unique aspect of this program is our desire to engage with younger alumni employed within the state of Indiana.
The following is asked of a Visiting Practitioner:
- Volunteer for a half/full-day session geared towards engagement of current faculty and students regarding industry trends, new technology, and current issues within your given field.
- Participate in classroom conversations regarding your professional journey and personal experiences.
- Facilitate Q&A sessions with undergraduate students, highlighting tips/preparation for students entering the work force; critical thinking; interpersonal and business social skills; networking, etc.
- Practitioners can be of any level of leadership; entry-to mid-level manager and directors welcome.
Visiting Practitioners Have Included:
- Pandora, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Credit Suisse, Keihin North America, Inc., Angie’s List, Bluebridge Digital, Indy Eleven Professional Soccer, Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (IBMV), Salesforce, Interactive Intelligence, SMARI, Huntington Bank, Sweetwater Sound, Inc., DFAS, Steel Dynamics, Inc., the Indianapolis Airport Authority and Zimmer-Biomet
Contact: Jill Cooper, Cardinal Connect Program Director, Career Center