Bridging the Gap: A Basic Training for Medical Interpreters
The BTG course is a 40-hour professional development program that trains bilingual individuals to facilitate a medical encounter in the healthcare environment.
The course covers:
- Basic interpreter skills: roles, ethics, conduit and clarifies interpreting, and managing the flow of the session.
- Information on health care: introduction to the health care system, anatomy, and basic medical procedures.
- Culture in interpreting: self-awareness, basic characteristics of specific cultures, traditional health care in specific communities, and culture brokering.
- Communication skills for advocacy: listening skills, communication styles, how doctors think, and appropriate advocacy.
- Professional development: effective communication, professional conduct, self-care, and resources for professional growth.
Bridging the Gap Registration Information and Requirements
- Price is $435.00
- All registration forms are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Participants need to complete the Language Proficiency Assessment prior to registering. Email email@example.com to schedule the assessment.
- Financial assistance is available on a first come, first served basis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.