Ball State’s Charlie Cardinal wants to reward your students for reading!
When your elementary school joins Charlie’s Reading Challenge, your students can earn two free tickets to a Ball State athletics event!
- Elementary schools are eligible to participate.
- The 2018 winter challenge will take place between January 8-February 9.
- Each elementary school will kick off the challenge by holding a reading party on January 8.
- Each student will be asked to read 4 books at their reading level (each school will decide on appropriate reading selections) and complete an assignment corresponding to the readings by February 9.
- Progress will be tracked in each classroom using posters provided by Ball State Athletics.
- On February 9, the designated school representative will tally the number of students who have successfully completed the challenge and send the number to Ball State Athletics.
- Ball State Athletics provide a keepsake bookmark to each student who completes the program. On the back the bookmark features instructions for parents/guardians to access complimentary tickets to a basketball game at Worthen Arena.
Contact Suzie Jones, Project Coordinator, Office of Community Engagement, at 765-285-2772 or by email.
Click here to complete the registration form for your school to participate in Charlie’s Reading Challenge by December 29, 2017.