Motorist Assistance Program
The Department of Public Safety offers free assistance to students, employees, and visitors encountering vehicle problems on campus. Ball State police officers and other public safety personnel will assist stranded motorists with the following services:
- jumping dead batteries – This service will not be provided for vehicles owned by Ball State.
- unlocking vehicle doors
- inflating tires (autos and bicycles)
- providing transportation to buy gas
- offering deicer for frozen door locks
- providing a shovel and abrasives for vehicles stuck on ice or snow
Assistance is provided on a first come, first serve basis. Participating motorists must sign a waiver releasing the university from any liability in the event of vehicle damage.
Hours of Operation
| Fall & Spring Semesters
|| Sunday, 6 p.m. to 3 a.m.|
| Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 3 a.m.|
| Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|| Sunday - Thursday, 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.|
Assistance is available by calling 765-285-1111.