This year, enrollment will be required for the following benefits for 2018:
- flexible spending account (FSA)
- health savings account (HSA)
- recertify your tobacco-free status to begin or continue the Tobacco-Free Premium Discount for 2018
- reverify your spouse's eligibility to be covered on our plan if your spouse had an employment change in 2017
With the exception of the benefits listed above, if no other changes are made during benefits open enrollment, your 2017 elections will continue in 2018 for the following benefits:
- voluntary life, voluntary short-term disability, vision, critical illness, accident insurance, and hospital indemnity
If you do not take any action during Open Enrollment, you will lose your Tobacco-Free Premium Discount beginning January 1, 2018. This is a substantial benefit/cost savings offered to all Ball State University employees who are, and remain, tobacco-free.
Active employees enroll in or make changes to insurance benefits online. The only exception is that the voluntary MetLife Auto and Home coverage is not available online. If a qualifying event occurs, an employee must request a change in benefits online within 31 days from the date of the event.
Log in to Enroll