ID Information and Cardinal Cards
If you are looking for your Ball State ID number, you can view it at my.bsu.edu. Click on Self-Service Banner, then click Personal Information tab. You will need your Ball State username and password to login. A unique number is generated when you become a student in order to protect your privacy.
At Ball State University students, faculty, staff, other affiliates, and vendors that are frequently on campus are required to have a Cardinal Card. This card is used to access many important services such as building access, meal plans, athletic events, and much more. For these reasons we expect one will keep the Cardinal Card in good condition.
Your Cardinal Card is the official form of identification and lists your full name, your role (not your position), and your photo. You may only possess one valid Ball State Cardinal Card at any time. All students, faculty and staff will receive the first Cardinal Card at no charge. Vendors are required to pay a $10 fee to receive their card. Replacement Cardinal Cards are available for a $10 fee, and misuse of the Cardinal Card will result in a replacement cost to you.
How to get a new Cardinal Card
- Have a photo taken, see "Photo Requirements", or visit the Registrar's Office in Lucina Hall, B43, to have your photo taken and card produced.
- Upload your photo by clicking on www.bsu.edu/cardinalcard.
- Log into the photo upload feature by utilizing your Ball State credentials (username and password)
- Click on "Upload ID Photo"
- Once your photo is uploaded it will be reviewed, then either accepted or rejected based on the established photo requirements. You will receive an email, to your Ball State email account, either way.
- On-Campus students, faculty and staff will come to Lucina Hall, B42, to pick up their Cardinal Card. A valid photo ID must be presented before you can receive your Cardinal Card.
- Online and Distance students will send an email to Registrar@bsu.edu containing their Full Name, Mailing Address, Telephone number, and a valid photo ID attachment. Once verified, your card will be mailed to you at the mailing address you provided.
How to get a replacement Cardinal Card
If you lose your Cardinal Card, or the card becomes worn, cracked or mutilated, you may obtain a new Cardinal Card. You may utilize the steps above or come into the Registrar's Office in Lucina Hall, B42. All Ball State Cardinal Cards have a $10 replacement fee. You must pay this fee, prior to card creation, in one of three ways:
- Visit the Bursar's office in the basement of Lucina Hall and bring your receipt to the Registrar's office.
- Make a credit card payment on Cashnet
- Students taking only online and distance education courses may send an email requesting a replacement card and will need to make a credit card payment on Cashnet.
We will still require a valid photo ID when you pick up or when we mail your Cardinal Card to you. Mailing options available for Online & Distance students only and we will send your Cardinal Card to the mailing address you provided in your initial email.
Social Security Number Policy
For more information about privacy concerns, view Ball State University's Social Security Number Policy.
If you have questions, please contact our office at 765-285-1722 or e-mail us.