The timeline for Ball State’s accreditation process included an institutional self-study, opportunities for campus/community feedback on the self-study report, and a visit by a peer review team.
- Self-study steering committee appointed; first meeting held.
- Planning for self-study process begins.
- Subcommittees begin to gather data, conduct interviews, analyze, and develop draft reports.
- Public website launched at www.bsu.edu/accreditation.
- Online repository established for self-study data and documents.
- Campuswide communications initiated to inform and engage faculty, staff, and students.
- Subcommittees continue to gather data, conduct interviews, analyze, and develop draft reports.
- Campuswide communications update faculty, staff, and students on process.
- Steering committee analyzes information, completes studies, and prepares draft of self-study report.
Draft self-study report circulated for campus/community feedback; three open forums conducted on campus and in the local community November 7, 12, and 13.
- Steering committee formally proposes requests for change to be considered during review team’s visit in fall 2013.
- Campus/community feedback reviewed, and final self-study report compiled.
Final self-study report distributed to campus/community for comment.
- Self-study report and all required documents finalized.
- Steering committee prepares for campus visit by peer review team.
- Final self-study report provided to Higher Learning Commission staff and peer review team.
- Campuswide communications prepare faculty, staff, and students for review team’s visit.
Fall 2013–Spring 2014
Peer review team visits campus for accreditation evaluation (October 7–9, 2013).
- Accreditation decision by the Higher Learning Commission (January 14, 2014).