- Ball State students and faculty have won 58 Emmys. Our honors also include two gold Student Academy Awards.
- Sports Link, an immersive learning program that has produced content for Fox College Sports and NCAA March Madness Live, has won multiple Emmys and a College Sports Media Award.
- Sportscasters Talent Agency of America named Ball State the No. 3 sports broadcasting school in the country in 2017.
- From their very first semester, students in the Department of Telecommunications receive hands-on experience with sophisticated audio and video equipment, including HD cameras.
- Ball Bearings magazine won a 2016 Online Pacemaker, a top award from the Associated Collegiate Press.
- The BSU Athletics App, the official app for interactive
annual reports, media guides, and more for Ball State University sports,
received a 2015 Best of the Festival King Foundation Award from the Broadcast
Education Association. The app was developed by the Ball State Digital
Publishing Studio in collaboration with Sports Link and Ball State Athletics.
- In 2014, our student-run newspaper, The Ball State Daily News, won its 10th Gold Crown Award for general
excellence, the highest recognition from the Columbia Scholastic Press
- Our journalism graphics program is one of the leading programs of its type in the country.
Advertising and Public Relations
- Our chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America received a Star Chapter Award from PRSSA at the organization’s 2016 national conference.
- Cardinal Communications, one of the nation’s first student-operated public relations and advertising agencies, is among about 30 student agencies in the country to be designated a National Affiliation Program with the Public Relations Student Society of America.
- Our master's degree in public relations is the first graduate program in the nation to receive Certification in Education for Public Relations (CEPR) by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). Our undergraduate public relations program in 2016 was one of only 38 certified programs in the world.
- Ball State won the team championship at the 2016 and 2017 National Educational Debate Association (NEDA) National Championship Debate Tournaments.
- In 2014, the Ball State speech team was the only one in the country to capture three national titles at the American Forensics Association National Individual Events tournament; plus, it placed third at the National Comprehensive
Tournament, sponsored by Pi Kappa Delta, and fourth at the National Forensic Association (NFA) national tournament. In addition, 2016 was the fifth year in a row the team won the Indiana Forensic Association state championship.