The Strategic Planning Leadership Team guides the implementation, optimization, and monitoring of the Ball State’s refreshed vision and strategic plan, The Centennial Commitment (18 by ’18)
The Leadership Team works closely with the cabinet and the president to be responsive to the Ball State community and to ensure that the vision remains vibrant and our programs and operations continue to be grounded in service and excellence.
The Leadership Team has been designed to include thought leaders from all sectors of the Ball State Community and reflect a balance of faculty, staff, students, administrators, and community members who have demonstrated a deep commitment to this University and its future as well as those who bring a strong sense of servant leadership to their contributions.
The charge of the leadership team includes:
- Review and refocus the current Strategic Plan 2.0. Advancing Indiana into the more useful and impactful planning guide, The Centennial Commitment (18 by ’18).
- Manage and oversee, in consultation with the president and cabinet, funding strategies to implement the proposed strategic plan initiatives.
- Manage, with the president and cabinet, a regular summary of progress towards achieving the summarized goals.
- Working with Marketing and Communications, improve and recommend strategies to publicize success of the strategic plan and integrate such successes with annual state budget, advancement, and university constituent activities.
- Plan and organize opportunities for the university community to engage and comment on the strategic plan as a living, impactful document.
Acting Provost and Acting Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs—Co-chair
Associate Vice President for Business Affairs and Auxiliary Services—Co-chair
Chief Entrepreneurship Office, Stoops Distinguished Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship, Professor of Management and Director Emeritus—Co-chair
Associate Provost for Entrepreneurship and Associate Professor of Theatre
Dean of Miller College of Business
Thomas C. Bracken
Member of the Ball State University Board of Trustees
President of Ball State Innovation Corporation
Assistant Chair of the Department of English and Associate Professor of English
Secretary of Student Government Association
Vice President for Business Affairs and Treasurer
Chair of the University Senate and Assistant Professor of Family and Consumer Science
Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Distinguished Professor of Biology
Dean of the College of Communication, Information, and Media and Professor of Journalism
Chair of the Department of Sociology and Associate Professor of Sociology
President and CEO of the Ball State University Foundation
Interim Dean of the College of Architecture and Planning and Vice President for Information Technology
Director of Athletics
Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education