Do You Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture?
- Yes—You should apply for our two-year program this fall semester, which begins in August.
- No—You should apply for our three-year program during the summer semester, which begins in May.
See deadline dates below.
Upon acceptance to the Graduate School, programs assistant Sherry Clark, will email you an invitation to upload your application materials into Ball State’s Box.com account. (If you do not receive a Box invitation, please check your junk mail.)
Use this checklist to help you gather the required materials for your
application and review our frequently asked
questions, too. The following items must be submitted as separate PDF
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)—Address the following:
- What are your interests and ambitions for your graduate studies?
- How does your previous design and work experiences connect with these goals?
- Consider how you might provide additional information to describe your portfolio further.
- Please note: This statement will also be evaluated as a writing sample.
- Portfolio (50 MB max)—Include previous design work in university courses and studios and/or professional practice. If teamwork is shown, you must clearly indicate your role. Artistic work and hands-on building work may also be included.
- GRE (Graduate Records Examination)—This is optional for anyone with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above. Should you have a GPA below 3.0 or simply would like for us to consider your GRE scores, please include a scanned copy of your scores sent to you by ETS.
- Three References—You must provide email addresses for three references, who will be notified electronically to complete an online recommendation form that is part of the Graduate School application.
Application to both the Graduate School and our program (steps 1 and 2) must be complete by January 19, 2018 for priority admission and consideration of financial assistance (i.e., graduate assistantships and scholarships). Please note that we will still accept applications after this date but we cannot guarantee that financial assistance opportunities will be available.
- If you have a bachelor’s in architecture – May 31, 2018
- If you don’t have a bachelor’s in architecture – March 23, 2018