John A. Fillwalk
Senior Director of Hybrid Design Technologies
University of Iowa
John Fillwalk is an associate professor in electronic art at Ball State University. He works and instructs in a variety of time-based and digital media including video, installation, imaging, interactive art and animation.
He received his MFA from the University of Iowa in intermedia and video art in 1990 and has since received numerous grants, awards, and fellowships.
He is Senior Director of the Hybrid Design Technologies initiatve and Director of the Institute for Digital Intermedia Arts [IDIA Lab].
His most notable exhibitions include:
- Prix Ars Electronica 2004: International Cyberarts Festival in Linz, Austria
- CYNETart 2004: 8th International Festival for Computer Based Art in Dresden, Germany
- 4th Salón de Arte Digital at the Museo de Arte Contemporáneo. Maracaibo, Venezuela
- VIDEOFORMES 2005: International Video and New Media Festival, Clermont-Ferrrand, France
- SIGGRAPH 2003 and 2001 International Computer Graphics Conferences
- 404 International Festival of Electronic Art (2005), Rosario, Argentina
- InteractivA ’03 at Museo de Arte Contemporáneo Ateneo de Yucatán, Merida, Mexico
- Synthese 2005 and 2004: 35th and 34th International Festival of Electronic Music and Art, Bourges, France
- 2003 and 2002 Digital Art Competitions, Beecher Center for Art and Technology, Butler Institute of American Art, Youngstown, Ohio
- SEAMUS National Conferences 2005 and 2004; iMOCA: Indianapolis Museum of Contemporary Art
- Digital Sur Festival-?Arte Digital Rosario 2003, Rosario, Argentina
- The Indianapolis Museum of Art, and the ASCI Digital '02 Exhibition, New York Hall of Science, New York
Personal Web site
Hybrid Design Technologies
Upgrade IDIA Arts