You can enroll in our biotech certification program if
- You are an undergraduate in your last year or two of study.
- You have earned your bachelor's degree and want to add the certificate as a non-degree seeking student, and you understand course work will not count toward a degree.
- You have earned your bachelor's degree and want to include the program as part of a master's degree. At least two extra graduate level courses are necessary for a master of arts (MA) or master of science (MS) as well as a thesis for an MS degree.
- You must have taken BIO 215 Cellular Biology. If you have not had this course recently, it is offered each term including second summer session.
- You must complete all seven biotech courses as well as two electives and 1-6 hours of the non-formal courses which includes an internship.
- You must earn a C (2.0) grade or better in each course and maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average for all courses in the program.
- Admission is competitive and review of applicants is initiated February 1 of each year and continues until the program is filled.
- Postbaccalaureate applicants should first apply to the Graduate School; to the Department of Biology, and finally the biotechnology certificate program. Learn more about the application process.
- International students must first apply to the Rinker Center of International Programs.
- Students applying to the MA/MS program may also apply for a departmental graduate assistantship which includes a tuition waiver and a stipend in exchange for half-time work. Assistantships are awarded competitively beginning February 1 for the following academic year.
Department of Biology
Ball State University
Cooper Life Science Building, CL 121
Muncie, IN 47306