Our classrooms and specialized research laboratories are located in the Cooper Physical Science Building.
We have a variety of state-of-the-art scientific equipment, which you are encouraged to use. Many of our instruments are the same kind you would find on the popular show CSI. The best part is you just don’t stare at the equipment while one of your professors uses it; you actually use the equipment yourself.
Ball State also offers excellent library facilities, several computer centers, and a campus-wide high speed, wireless Internet access. Our department has a new computer lab and several recently remodeled teaching and research laboratories.
Departmental instrumentation includes:
- 400 and 300 MHz multinuclear NMR spectrometers
- FT-IR Spectrometers
- Gas Chromatographs
- High Performance Liquid Chromatographs
- Fluorescence spectrometers
- Flame AA/AE and graphite furnace AA
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter
- Laser Flash Photolysis
- Ultimate 3000 Rapid Separation LC unit coupled to a LTQ XL linear ion trap mass spectrometer
In addition, our department utilizes the University Imaging Laboratory, which includes electron microscopy facilities.
We also house a variety of computer workstations for your use. These workstations are equipped with a wide variety of chemistry related software packages.