Professor, Ball State University, 1947-1973
M.A. Indiana University, 1940
B.S. Ball State Teachers College, 1930
Gerald Alexander was named to the science faculty at Ball State in 1947, after having taught in the Muncie Community School system for ten years. Mr. Alexander taught laboratories in the general chemistry courses for non-science majors. He held memberships in the Central Association of Science and Mathematics Teachers, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and the Muncie Technical Society. He was active in stimulating tennis activity in Muncie by acting as the executive secretary and tourney chairman for the Muncie Tennis Association. Alexander retired after twenty-six years and was known for his willingness to assist students.