Professor, Ball State University, 1956-1981
Ph.D. Indiana University, 1965
Initially hired in 1956 into the Science Department by Robert Cooper, Dr. Gerald Doeden served faithfully as a dedicated teacher and conscientious colleague for twenty-five years. As the only analytical chemist for a brief time, he established the first instrumental analysis laboratory course and gave lectures to the department on gas chromatography. Dr. Doeden paid attention to detail and accuracy in his work and required his students to do the same. Colleagues and students both were enriched by his efforts and commitment to education.