With courses in literature, linguistics, creative writing, rhetoric, and writing, English studies offers diverse gateways into the study of language.
- You’ll develop advanced skills in writing, reading, interpreting, and understanding the cultural place and importance of a wide variety of texts.
- American, British, and world literature courses offer you a perspective gained only through intimacy with imaginative writing from various times and cultures.
- Linguistics offers an understanding of how languages function structurally and how they both shape and respond to the cultures around them.
- Writing and rhetoric courses help you grow as a writer and understand how writing contributes to lifelong learning and professional success.
- Creative writing helps you use language as a medium for imagination, insight, and artistry.
For more information, download our flyer or check out the degree requirements.