Complete the Application
You will need to determine if your program is delivered online or on campus. Please contact your program director to determine your delivery mode.
If you will be an online student and you live outside Indiana, this information regarding State Regulatory Authorizations might apply to you.
You can pay your application fees (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank.
- applications for degree and nondegree programs: $60 per program
- applications for certificates and licensures: $20 per certificate or licensure
Reduced rates for additional applications: Each additional degree application costs $20 and certificate $10. Please remember you must use the username and password from your initial application to receive the discounted rate for multiple applications.
The Graduate School must receive all of your application materials no later than one week before the beginning of the academic term you wish to start.
However, your desired program might have different deadlines. Check with the program director for those dates.
Submit Your Transcripts
Ball State must receive your official transcript before the university can process your application. Request transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended (this includes dual credit courses earned while in high school). You do not need to submit Ball State transcripts.
The university or college that issued your degree must send an official copy of your transcript directly to Ball State. You can often request your transcripts through an institution’s website. Also, official transcripts must include a college seal, date, and appropriate signature. All transcripts become Ball State property.
Transcripts may be submitted by:
- Mail – Send official copies to the Graduate School, Ball State University, 2000 W. University Ave., West Quad 100, Muncie, IN 47306.
- Electronic – Official electronic transcripts may be submitted by an institution directly to email@example.com.
If you have earned a degree from a non-US institution, you must select one of the following evaluation agencies to get your transcripts and degree(s) evaluated:
(this includes any earned certificates, diplomas, or degrees)
Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE):
World Education Services (WES)
- Check country-specific requirements:
- Make sure to create an account: www.wes.org
- Make sure to choose ICAP Course By Course report
- Choose Ball State University as a recipient so we can get an electronic copy of your report
After Applying to the Graduate School
Graduate admissions is a shared process at Ball State. When the Graduate School has determined you’ve met minimum admission criteria, your application will be made available to the department for review.
Programs often require additional application materials. Check with the program director about additional requirements. Keep in mind that an admission decision will not be made until all required materials have been received.