If you are a principal, superintendent, coach, teacher, or other school administrator, you may have never taken a course in public relations.
An online, on-campus, or blended public relations graduate certificate in education communications will enhance your public relations skills, and our five-course certificate program can be completed in less than half the time of a traditional master’s degree. If you enjoy these newfound skills, you may want to apply your certificate courses to a master's degree in public relations.
Courses You Will Take
You are required to complete 15 credit hours to receive this certificate. Courses can be taken in any order.
Required Courses (9 credit hours)
All of these courses are taught by faculty in Ball State's Department of Journalism:
- PR 620 Seminar in Public Relations Foundations (3 credit hours)
- PR 662 Public Relations Case Studies (3 credit hours)
- PR 665 Public Relations Campaigns (3 credit hours)
Elective Courses (6 or more credit hours)
You may choose two courses from any of the following offered through Ball State's Teachers College:
- EDAD 600 Introduction to Educational Leadership (3 credit hours)
- EDAD 635 Educational Decision Making (3 credit hours)
- EDAD 640 The Educational Administrator and Public Relations (3 credit hours)
- EDHI 610 Issues in Higher Education (3 credit hours)
- EDAD 686 School Law (3 credit hours)
- EDAD 684 Educational Finance and Ethics (3 credit hours)
Costs and Financial Aid
Basic tuition for online and main-campus study is the same, but
on-campus study requires additional fees for student services, health,
recreation, and housing.
Take the Next Step
Apply now or request information.