Applications now open through noon Eastern time, April 6, 2018, for students in apparel design, computer tech, fashion merch, hospitality & food mgmt, or residential property mgmt. See details below.
The undergraduate fellows in the Miller College of Business represent the college to prospective business students and their families. These students work for the Office of the Dean and the Office of Miller College Student Services, representing the college internally and at Cardinal Preview Days, admission events, and special programs. The undergraduate fellowship is the most prestigious position/scholarship granted to a Miller College upperclassman. This position serves as the “student face and voice” of Miller College and represents Miller students to outside constituents.
Starting in the 2018-2019 academic year, two students will be selected to represent the Miller College of Business as undergraduate fellows. One position will be for a student with any business major, and the other position is preferably for a student with a major in one of the following programs: apparel design, computer technology, fashion merchandising, hospitality & food management, or residential property management.
Structure of the Position
The undergraduate fellows each work with the Miller College Student Services office ten hours per week. The university Admissions Visitor Desk dictates the specific hours. The primary duty of the fellow is to meet with prospective students and their family members during their visit to campus. Participation in Preview Days, admission events, and Miller College special events, including May Commencement, are also required. Participation in these events may range from attendance to presenting to a large group. Please note: Many events occur on Saturdays.
The Ball State Foundation pays full-time in-state tuition for enrollment including full summer, fall, and spring semesters. (Summer tuition will cover a maximum of six credit hours.) If a fellow has the Presidential Scholarship (or an equivalent tuition-only award), the undergraduate fellowship benefit will pay the tuition balance after the Presidential has been applied. These awards cannot be separated. Within certain limits, student wages will be paid for all time spent on Miller College duties.
The appointments are announced and begin late in spring semester.
To be eligible to apply for the position, you must:
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Have a declared Miller College major.
- Achieved junior standing by fall of the application year.
- Completed at least one semester of on-campus enrollment at Ball State University.
- Bring excellent communication skills to meetings with high school juniors and seniors, as well as their parents/guardians, in individual meetings and large group presentations.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Miller College of Business programs and university policies.
Requirements of the Position
The undergraduate fellow must:
- Serve as a MCOB Junior Marshal during May Commencement of the current year.
- Be on campus, performing duties, and enrolled at Ball State for full summer, fall, and spring semesters.
- Represent Miller College to internal and external constituents.
- Have no outside employment during the fellowship period.
- Work Saturday Admissions Preview and Admitted Student Day events.
- Assist the overall operation of Student Services office as time permits.
How to Apply
Online applications are open until noon Eastern, April 6, 2018, for students in apparel design, computer tech, fashion merch, hospitality & food mgmt, or residential property mgmt. After you complete the online application, you will need to deliver an unofficial university transcript (from Banner/My BSU) to Miller College Student Services in Whitinger Business Building (WB), room 147.
Apply Now for the UG Fellowship
The Miller College of Business Scholarship Committee will select the fellows on the basis of application data and a personal interview/presentation.
For more information, contact Gayle Hartleroad, director of Student Services.