Bachelor's Degree Completion Program in Early Childhood Education
Admission to the early childhood program is a three-step process:
- Meet the admission requirements for the Department of Elementary Education. Those requirements are:
- An associate degree in early childhood education (including a practicum) or at least 45 credits that apply toward our early childhood education degree (approved by the program coordinator) - both must be from an accredited college or university.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher of transferable credit
- Arrange for your sealed, official transcripts from all institutions of higher education you previously attended, to be sent to:
Ball State Undergraduate Admissions
Muncie, IN 47306
- Apply and pay the $55 nonrefundable application fee with a major credit card. Payment is made through the online application.
If you have questions about admission requirements and are wondering what transfer credits you have that will apply to this degree, fill out our request for information form. We will then connect you with an advisor.
To be considered for admission, your application and all supporting materials, such as other college or university transcripts, should be to us by the following dates:
- Fall semester—August 1
- Spring semester—December 1
- Summer semester—April 1 (You will work with an advisor to see what
core courses you may take in summer, but you will start program sequence with
the fall cohort.)
Please plan for at least 3-4 weeks for staff from your previous institution(s) to send official transcripts to Ball State. We will review your application as soon as we receive all of your application materials.
Students from Other States
If you live in a state other than Indiana, this information regarding state regulatory authorizations for distance programs might impact whether you can take courses from Ball State.